Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day #2



Vegetarianism.
Yeah, I went there.

Okay, okay. Give me a break. I already don't eat red meat; in fact, I can't. If I try, I projectile vomit... or cry and wish death upon my insides. It's miserable.
Side Note: You know how many fast food places don't use real meat? ALMOST ALL OF THEM!!

Especially Jack In The Box. Mmm... love their soy meat tacos. ;)

Anyway. Buddha taught that we should respect all living creatures. Originally, I just did the red meat thing as a half-ass attempt at living by those teachings. I said to myself "I'm black; I can't live without chicken!" or "I'm white and raised Catholic, I can't live without fish!" so I'm like, hellz yeah, white meat all the way. Besides, red meat takes 3x as long to digest meaning WEIGHT GAIN! No thanks.

But, that really doesn't cut it. You can't half-ass some things, like being a vegetarian...you know, killing animals. If I choose to kill some animals and not others, well, that just makes me a racist.
So, that being said, yes, I decided to finally take it to the next level and go meatless as free my mind from the evils of murder, or something like that.

I'm sure I'll slip up, which is okay, because even Buddha acknowledge the fact that sometimes, you have no choice but to eat meat to survive. It's less of a political statement and more of a religious experience though, so, well, you know.

Shopping for meatless meals was HELL though.
If I could block out that experience from my mind for the rest of my life, I think I'd be set.
Having to read the back of every can of soup... every box of rice mix... walking by the frozen food aisle...looking at all the delicious frozen pizzas. I DON'T EVEN LIKE PIZZA!

It's okay though, Mozzarella Sticks are my favorite food, so, I can always rely on that to make me feel superb.
By the way... if I ever completely put my food down against all fried food, rip my liver out and smash it into my face while calling me a "stupid, stupid girl", please?
I promise, I won't press charges.

But this idea, this things I'm doing...it's more of a will power thing, like, above all else.
"Do you possess the constitution to go as far as need be?"

I've always admired the will power of anorexics, to be completely honest.
You know how hard it is to REALLY want a hamburger but eat half an apple and 3 glasses of water instead?
Incredible will power.
But, I would never torture myself to that degree; so I'm taking a healthier approach at testing my ability to say "no" to something I crave.

1 comment:

  1. Go to some peta website and look up how they treat dairy cows, that should make you think twice about cheese sticks

    ReplyDelete