Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day #....eh, fuck it.

It's been a minute. But, thanks to a dear friend, I have decided to give blogging another go.
Because sometimes work is super slow and it's probably a better idea for me to productively distract myself than gouge my eyes out for entertainment.
I dunno, just a thought.
I was going to write about my thoughts on how everyone will always hate their job no matter what because nothing is ever as good as you imagine it to be.
...but then, something interesting happen.

I had my future read by tarot cards.


Ryon Rhoades is an old friend of mine who developed an interest in Wicca studies and other spiritual /magical hobbies. Hopefully none in which includes voodoo (who do? YOU DO!) because I don't like the idea of someone making a doll in the likeness of me and shoving pins into my vagina...
Anyway. Recently we were conversing about his switch to these ideas and told me that he did, in fact, know how to read tarot cards.Considering my soon-to-be trip to London, I said to myself, well, it couldn't hurt to see.
I, personally, never really thought much about palm readings, tarot cards, or horoscopes.
I always thought that they were purposefully vague so you can fill in your own meanings.
"You recently had a good day." - "OMG, U R SO RITE!! HOW U NO?!"
Shoot me now.

But, I love new experiences and have heard from reliable sources that these are actually unnervingly accurate. And I thought to myself "Hey, they give some good advice, so, why not?"

The first thing that threw me off was how incredibly NOT vague they were. They were actually highly specific. I seriously got a card that said I would be taking a trip to a different country (or maybe it said land, or world, or something). Let's just say that got my attention pretty fast.

Here's the summary:
About every other card mentioned a HUGE change in my life; I mean like, 5 cards stated this. I had, I believe, two that stated I would be taking a journey/trip/adventure. The repetition of "big change, life changing, shift in my world" was kind of eerie, but it gets even better!
I got a card stating I would have a huge decision to make, and that it would change my life (there's that C word again...). I had, then, another card that mentioned that I would need to see the big picture and read all the fine print with making a permanent life changing decision.

Okay, yes, I GET IT. MY LIFE IS GOING TO CHANGE.

I, then, got a card saying that my trip wouldn't go exactly how I planned it to go. And that I'm trying to balance two different outcomes of a decision and I'm not sure which one to take (such as not knowing what I'm actually going to do in London, maybe?).
I also got a card stating that a decision I make will cause me to fight away feeling of depression.
And later I got one that said something along the lines of something major happening in my life that could cause a depression that will require counseling.

...wonderful...

But, there is a bright side.
It told me I would have a wonderful date/night out/evening (can't remember the exact word) out with an old lover. And that I would receive a message of love in form of a friendship or relationship. Weirdly enough, I got that one in two of my readings.

Not horrible, I can dig it.

Then I got one that said my living situation would change. And that I would meet, or have already met, 3 people, a male and two women, who will help me financially, socially, and mentally. And that I'll have a career shift, and a great flow of creative ideas, and a hobby will help me realize all of this.

Sweet!
So, overall, according to the cards, my trip is going to change my life, though it won't go exactly as I plan it too. I'll have a big decision to make, one I need to really look at in detail and not rush into. I'll have a switch in my finances and house situation, for the better. My eskrima hobby is going to help me realize a great idea that could shift my career choice. And I'll meet people who will give me great advice and opportunities. And that things will go well with Matt, but I will deal with a great depression, for one reason or another, that will be traumatizingly bad..

Hm. Well, at least the plane isn't going to crash and I won't be kidnapped and forced into sex-slavery. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment